Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good Idea for Home



Just in time for Arts Education Month. . . a music video for Tanya Davis' song "Art" by Andrea Dorfman.

I found this video link today in a blog post by Amanda Blake Soule on her blog that I check every day for creative ideas of artsy/craftsy things to do at home. On this post, titled "in the morning," she put out paper, paint brushes, and watercolors after her children went to bed so that they would find them on the table, ready for creativity, when they woke up in the morning.

I think this is a wonderful idea for a "staycation" or weekend activity, and I plan to do this with my own children over spring break since we are having a leisurely week at home. Maybe they will let me sleep-in a little if they are busy making things at the table in the kitchen, and I'll have a mini art show waiting for me when I wake up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I have another idea for March. Click to MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids
(www.meetmeatthecorner.org) to see an interview with pop-up book artist, Robert Sabuda. Kids can click to fun websites and learn how to make a pop-up card to send for St. Patrick's Day or Easter.

Julie Nolte Owen said...

Thank you so much for pointing us in the direction of this wonderful website! Could I feature a post about this website? Thank you, Julie