Monday, July 13, 2009

Memphis Gardens

Yes, that chair and sofa are covered in moss!

flower "beds"!

a sunflower at The Dixon's cutting garden

On a recent trip to Memphis, Tennessee, I visited the Memphis Botanic Garden and The Dixon Gallery and Gardens. Both were fabulous places with wonderful plants (even if I was dripping with sweat after walking around them)!

The Memphis Botanic Garden is building a children's garden called "My Big Backyard." There is a PDF map of the plans here and information about the grand opening of the garden on August 1st, 2009, here. It promises to be whimsical and inspire new ways of interacting with plants! My photos from the MBG are in the slide show below.



I was not able to tour all of The Dixon gardens because I took so much time looking at the wonderful civil war exhibit inside the galleries. What I saw, however, was beautiful. Visitors are admitted to the galleries and gardens for free on Saturdays from 10 am to noon. Here are the photos I took there.



Have you visited a garden recently?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: